If you live in the southeastern United States, I hope you have had the pleasure of trying Bojangles’ Famous Chicken ‘n Biscuits. It’s a fast food restaurant chain that specializes in chicken and biscuits. While their biscuits are pretty damn tasty (and let’s not get started on their delicious potato products), we’re going to focus on keeping keto with the highlight of their menu: the chicken.
Bojangles has a breakfast menu, but it consists solely of breakfast biscuits. Likewise, they serve a lot of sandwiches. And their chicken, which they serve by the piece, is also breaded and deep fried. So what’s edible there?
Other than their salads, really only one thing – their roasted chicken bites. And they’re pretty damn good! They’re like chicken nuggets that have been marinaded and then roasted. A serving of them is a decent amount, and is quite filling when paired with one of their containers of ranch dressing. As for a side, their green beans are delicious (and are pretty much the only low carb side on the menu).
So yeah, there’s really only one thing you can order from Bojangles – the Roasted Chicken Bites combo with green beans and a diet drink. And altogether, the order comes up to a total of 465cal, 15g net carbs, 39g protein, and 26g of fat.
- Entire breakfast menu is biscuits, and they have a large amount of sandwiches and wraps on the menu.
- Regular chicken is breaded and deep fried.
- Only one potential lowish carb side – their green beans.
- Even their one low carb item is still 9g of net carbs.
- Their website lists their nutritional info – so many places don’t!
- Their tea is phenomenal – the best I’ve had from a fast food joint. Order unsweet and ask for sweetener.
- Fairly inexpensive; that combo is around $6.
- I’ve never had to wait on food there (unlike Popeyes, which takes forever!).
- The meal is actually quite good.
My verdict: While Bojangles isn’t my favorite fast food place to visit when out and about, it’s definitely an option. Sometimes I’ll just swing by there when I’m out shopping for a drink!